For brides and grooms who hail from Canada, unique Canadian wedding rings can be a great way to show off both your love for one another and your love for your country. Learn how to express yourself with one-of-a-kind Canadian style!
Themes in Canadian Jewelry
When many people think of Canadian jewelry, they picture the maple leaf flag. You can certainly incorporate Canada's flag into your wedding ring, but there are several other exceptional options for truly special Canadian designs. Here are a few themes often seen in Canadian jewelry:
- Unique Canadian wedding rings often use materials naturally occurring in Canada. These include Canadian gemstones and metals, such as Canadian diamonds and gold from mines in Canada.
- Some couples choose rings that feature Canadian imagery. You might find wedding rings that show off Canada's mountains, lakes, rivers, or trees.
- Canadian wedding rings can also feature Native American designs that represent the culture of Canada.
Most people do not realize that Canada has two large diamond mines. The Ekati Mine and the Davik Mine are located in the Northwest Territory. The Ekati Mine opened in 1998, and the Davik Mine followed in 2002. When these mines reach their full production capacity, they will be the source of ten percent of the world's diamonds. Although most of these diamonds are exported to other countries for cutting, a small percentage are reserved for Canadian craftsman. If you are able to find one of these diamonds for your wedding ring, you will have a uniquely Canadian heirloom.Canada is also the source for the following gemstones, precious metals, and other materials, many of which could add beautiful Canadian style to a wedding ring:
- Lapis Lazuli
- Nephrite jade
- Rose quartz
Because of its sheer size, Canada has many natural elements that could inspire wedding rings. If you love Canada, you might enjoy a ring featuring one of the following designs:
- Wave patterns to depict Canadian lakes and rivers
- Textured designs that are reminiscent of mountains
- Tree imagery or use of native woods
Native American Designs
Your wedding ring can also show off your Native American heritage. With over 60 tribes native to Canada, this history and culture play an important role in the lives of many Canadians. To find wedding rings with Native American design elements, simply do an Internet search for jewelry from your specific tribe. You'll likely find items crafted by Native American jewelers, as well as traditional motifs that carry great meaning for native cultures.
Where to Find Unique Canadian Wedding Rings
The Internet is the perfect place to find unique Canadian wedding rings. Take a look at the many options available from the following online jewelry sources:
- Canadian Diamonds: This site provides Canadian-mined loose gemstones, wedding rings, and engagement rings.
- Brilliant Earth: This eco-friendly and socially responsible jewelry site features diamonds from Canadian mines.
- OurRings.com: Specializing in wedding rings, this online jewelry store has several options featuring Canadian nature motifs.
- Artisan Wedding Rings: Dedicated to socially responsible jewelry, this site features conflict-free diamonds from Canada and several wind and wave designs.
- Bearclaw Custom Native Jewelry: Based in Canada, this Native American jewelry site has wedding rings that feature beautiful native designs.